Our scientists have achieved considerable success with respect to both national and international grant programs. One of the most important international grants is project H2020 POWER4BIO: emPOWERing regional stakeholders for realising the full potential of European BIOeconomy. The POWER4BIO project aims at increasing the capacity of regional and local policy makers and stakeholders to structure their bioeconomy and to support the emergence of a thriving bio‐based sector. Adequate knowledge and best practice exchange and networking within and among regions, across the EU. The Faculty of Economics continues in project Interreg SIP-SME (Service Innovations Prozess für Klein-und Mittelunternehmen). The cross-border Czech-Austrian project aims to propose a tool, useful as methodological support for the continuous management of innovation processes in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on both sides of the border. The Faculty of Economics of the University of South Bohemia, together with the Fachhochschule Oberösterreich Forschungs & Entwicklungs GmbH, are responsible for the supporting documentation and for the creation of a tool for promoting innovation processes in the SMEs.
The year 2019 was successful for our scientists in the national grant field too. The Faculty of Economics acquired four projects supported by Technology Agency of the Czech Republic. The main focus is on applied research in which economic problems in practice are solved in co-operation with significant regional companies and institutions using modern economic and mathematical methods and models.
International Projects - ongoing
National Projects - ongoing
- NAZV QK1920391 Diversification of the influence of bioeconomy on forestry-timber sector strategic documents as a basis for state administration and proposal of strategic goals by 2030 (2019-2021, doc. Ing. E. Cudlínová, CSc.)
- GA ČR 19-04412S New approaches to modeling and statistic of random sets (2019-2021, doc. RNDr. T. Mrkvička, Ph.D.)
- GA ČR 19-10694S Spaces of quiet sustainability: self-provisioning and sharing (2019-2021, PhDr. J. Vávra, Ph.D.)
- TAČR TL02000423 Marketing decision-support system DestinACE ( 2019-2022, Ing. V. Vojtko, Ph.D.)
- TAČR TL02000144 Management and Legal Simulation "Bankruptcy as a Game" ( 2019-2021, JUDr. Ing. Z. Strnad, Ph.D., MPA)
- TAČR TL02000012 Sustainable Development on Regional Level - Combination of Theory and Practice (2019-2022, doc. Dr. Ing. D. Škodová Parmová)
- TAČR TL01000348 Exchange rate prevention system (2018-2020, Ing. M. Krásnická, Ph.D.)
The Faculty of Economics organizes or co-organizes a number of scientific conferences/events/workshops according to the research program. Topics closely connect with economics, company management and socio-economic factors of regional development. Conferences may broaden network of our scientists and help them to make themself and their research visible to a broad audience.
The International Scientific Conference INPROFORUM is a traditional event held by the Faculty of Economics, University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice. The topic for this year was "100 Years of the Koruna". The keynote speakers were Zbyněk Revenda and Ryozo Miura.
The International Scientific Conference Mathematical Methods in Economics is a traditional meeting of professionals from universities and businesses interested in the theory and applications of operations research and econometrics. Our faculty was the main organizer for this year. The conference invited about 100 participants.