Head of Department
Ing. Viktor Vojtko, Ph.D. (email@example.com, +420 387 772 696)
Ing. Alena Srbová, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Department of Trade and Tourism is responsible for the study programme of Commerce and Entrepreneurship in the Czech language, which is being offered at both the undergraduate bachelor (specializations Trade, Tourism) and master level – either as full-time or part-time forms of study. The master study programme is being offered also in English.
The department is also responsible for teaching in various other subjects in other study programmes provided both by the Faculty of Economics and other faculties of the University of South Bohemia.
We currently offer the following subjects in English:
- International Trade
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Research
- Tourism 2,
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Strategic Marketing
- International Tourism
- International Marketing
- Destination Management
- European Culture and Business Environment
Our department focuses on applied research for our regional partners (e.g. E.ON, Zeelandia etc.) but we also collaborate on research with universities from Australia (Victoria University, Melbourne), USA (Amstrong State University, Savannah), Slovakia (University of Agriculture, Nitra), France (Universite de Bretagne - Sud), Germany (University of Applied Sciences, Zwickau) or Slovenia (Univerza na Primorskem, Koper).
Research activities of the Department of Trade and Tourism cover a wide range of topics related to trade, tourism and marketing. Amongst others, it is important to mention the following ones:
- applied marketing and marketing research (mainly in SMEs)
- regional production and distribution (organic food, alternative distribution channels)
- fair trading
- co-operative movement
- consumer protection
- consumer behaviour (modelling of consumer behaviour using agent based modelling)
- hospitality & tourism management (collection of data about visitors, economic impacts in tourism)
- sustainability in trade and tourism (system dynamics modelling)
- branding and brand management
We also co-organize several conferences - mainly Inproforum and TourConf/TourWork. And the list of our publications is available here.