Cultural and social ecology, landscape perception, sociology and landscape ecology, environmental and rural sociology.
Undergraduate: Charles University, Prague, Cultural Studies, MA, 1980.
Graduate: Charles University, Prague Cultural Studies, Aesthetic PhDr. Defending 1983.
Postdoctoral studies: Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Prague, PhD. (CSc.). Defending 1988.
From 1983 in Academy od Sciences of the Czech Republic, head of socio-ecology department, section of landscape ecology, head of scientific council. From 2010 in the South Bohemia University in Ceske Budejovice and Charles University in Prague. He published more than 100 scientific papers in the field of environmental and social sciences.
1993-1997 Bc. level (undergraduate courses) in Cesky Krumlov, Landscape studies
2000-up to now International Field Landscape Studies seminars (Summer Schools)
1991-up to now Introduction to Landscape Sociology,
2006 -up to now Cultural and Social Ecology
Irregular selected courses in Japan, Greece, and UM - Columbia, US in a framework of research projects
Faculty of Economy, South-Bohemia University, landscape planning
2008 - up to now ECES and ERASMUS Charles University in Prague
International Projects Coordinator
• Land, Culture & Crisis: from productionist success to fiscal & environmental impasse on European farms 1940-1990.“ EC – SEER project, 1994-1996. M. Lapka: Responsible scholar for the Czech Republic. Team: E. Cudlínová, M. Gottlieb, M. Bartoš, J. Těšitel. PECO: CCIPD 3510PL920245
• „Supporting and Promoting Integrated Tourism in Europe`s Lagging Rural Regions“. EU project within the Fifth Framework. SPRITE 2002-2004.
• Contract number QLK5 CT2000-01211. Responsible for the Czech partners: Cudlínová, E. Lapka, M., Těsitel, J. Team: M. Bartoš, D. Kušová, J. Maxa.
• MULTAGRI. Capitalisation of research results on the multifuncionality of agriculture and rural areas. 2004-2005. Cudlínová, E., Lapka. M., (coordinators of WP2), Maxa, J. SSA 6th EU Framework. GOCE-CT-2003-505297-MULTAGRI.
• Land and Art. Kulturní udržitelnost: sociálně-ekonomické důsledky. Koncepty a příklady praxe. 2014-2015COST CZ, NO. LD 14118.
Academic Honors, Fellowships, etc.
PhDr. (Doctoral studies) - 1983
CSc. (PhD .equivalent) - 1988
Chairman of the Scientific Council National Museum of Agriculture, Prague since 2010
Fellowship in US, UM, Columbia, 2007, 2009
Member of Faculty of Economics South Bohemia University in Ceske Budejovice - 2015
Vice-Dean for Science and Research Faculty of Economics South Bohemia University in Ceske Budejovice – 2015
Born in 1957, I am feeling a little bit experienced by the phenomenon of landscape, on the other hand I am still astonished by its dynamics, identity, heritage and beauty as well as by its eco and-socio patterns. For me landscapes are the way from "cogito ergo sum" to "participatory mind“