Cíle předmětu (anotace)
The aim of this course is to provide students with introductory knowledge to be able to understand regional management in the system and process context in relation to the issue of regional economic development. Specific attention will be paid also to the integration of the EU institutions and bodies, regional and international policy of the EU, relations of regional development and impacts of the single currency, the reasons for the emergence of regional policy, EU regional policy and its global impact on the environment, with further development in the field of economy and conditions for further regional development.
Požadavky na studenta
Type of examination:
40 % - written
60 % - oral
At the examination, the students demonstrate knowledge of the basic themes of regional management, regional development policy, context of EU economic policies, as well as the ability to orientate themselves in main policy instruments and other financial sources.
The examinations will be written 3 weeks before the beginning of the examination period in accordance with the measure of Dean No. 124/2017 Article 15.
Conditions of the credit:
Seminar papers will focus on selected topics of Regional management. The range will be determined by the chosen topic. The work will be processed through targeted studies with subsequent presentation and defense, and consulted at specified seminars.
Credits will be awarded not earlier than 14 days before the end of the semester in accordance with the measure of Dean No. 124/2017 Article 15.
1.-2. Introduction to the course - the importance of regional development, the impact of current processes of globalization and technology development on the competitiveness of countries and regions (specialization), basic terminology; factors of regional development and their measurability (natural resources, infrastructure, human resources, innovation ), processes affecting regional development (e.g. people and their migration, investment), the role of internal conditions of regional development (local resources and capacities) and external conditions (such as globalization, technological development, institutional reform).
3. - 4. Regional economy and its differences compared to the national economy - the importance of regional disparities in economic development of the EU and the CR (according to GDP, education, employment, accessibility, etc.), long-term trends in regional disparities in the EU and the CR (convergence and divergence processes); differentiation of internal phenomena effects (e.g. transformation, debts in public budgets) and external influences (globalization, development of ICT) on the dynamics of regional economies. Addressing differences in regional economies through the economic and social cohesion of the EU (structural policy) and II. pillar of the CAP of the EU (so-called rural development policy) - the basic attributes of policies, goals, differences.
5. - 6. Regional development and its tools - macroeconomic, microeconomic and other instruments of regional policy (e.g. administrative and institutional instruments), examples from the CR and the EU.
7. - 8. Regional Policy - the historical context of the needs of its formation at the European level; development of regional policy of the EU, comparison of traditional and contemporary approaches to regional policy, definitions and current regional policy objectives, the context of the programming period 2014 - 2020.
9. - 10. Regional Management in the CR - creating the regional level in the CR during the 90ies in the context of the CR transformation (according to NUTS levels, the absence of some levels of the hierarchy of public administration and impacts), the formation of counties in the period 2000 to 2004, the situation and development from 2004 to 2006 vs. 2007 - 2013, the main context and continuity for the programming period 2014 - 2020.
General learning issues of Central European countries on regional economic development.
11. - 12. Regional Management - strategic management and planning, its importance, objectives and procedures, drafting strategies of regional and municipal development; forms of involvement of regional stakeholders in the processes of strategic planning (citizens, NGOs, businesses), examples of regional development strategies in the CR and their implementation.
13. - 14. Forms of regional management - specific forms of regions, functioning and financing - X functional administrative regions, Euro regions, micro regions (community associations), LAG (Leader), funding mechanisms and financial flows.
Předpoklady - další informace k podmíněnosti studia předmětu
Student will acquire basic knowledge on the principles of the EU regionaly policy and regional management. He will know the legislative, strategic and financial instruments filling these priorities and the role of particular stake-holders at different levels.
Garanti a vyučující
Garanti: doc. Dr. Ing. Dagmar Škodová Parmová
Přednášející: doc. Ing. Martin Pělucha, Ph.D., doc. Dr. Ing. Dagmar Škodová Parmová
Cvičící: doc. Ing. Martin Pělucha, Ph.D., doc. Dr. Ing. Dagmar Škodová Parmová
FORET, M. Management v regionálním rozvoji. Brno: Mendelova univerzita v Brně, 2013. ISBN 978-80-7375-740-3.
FORET, M. Marketing v regionálním rozvoji. Brno: Mendelova univerzita v Brně, 2013. ISBN 978-80-7375-770-0.
REDLICHOVÁ, R. Regionální ekonomika pro bakalářské studium: Regional economy for bachelor studies. Brno: Mendelova univerzita v Brně, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7509-099-7.
BARON, M., OCHOJSKI, A., POLKO A. Economics and strategic management of local public services in Central Europe: towards multidisciplinary analysis of infrastructure and service costs. Prague: Institute of Sociology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7330-253-5.
ROUSE, D. C., BUNSTER-OSSA, I. F. Green infrastructure: a landscape approach. Chicago: American Planning Association, 2013. ISBN 978-1-61190-062-0.
Autorský kolektiv. Principy a pravidla územního plánování. Dostupné na: http://www.uur.cz/default.asp?ID=2571. 2017.
Monologická (výklad, přednáška, instruktáž), Dialogická (diskuze, rozhovor, brainstorming), e-learning
Ústní zkouška, Písemná zkouška, Seminární práce
Stáhnout jako PDF